Re: System start delimiter in middle of system; new score without breaki

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: System start delimiter in middle of system; new score without breaking line
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:14:00 +0100

2013/3/15 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
> 2013/3/15 Davide Liessi <address@hidden>:
>> 1. is it possible to print the system start delimiter in the middle of a
>> system?
>
> Perhaps my workaround here is of some interest:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-05/msg00379.html

This is very interesting!
It is a very nice workaround in case of GrandStaff/PianoStaff.

It would be useful to have a workaround also for StaffGroup/ChoirStaff.
I tried to find a markup command to replace make-left-brace-markup in
\braceBar, but I couldn't find one.
If I understand correctly, system start brackets are defined only in
system-start-delimiter.cc.
I tried to compare the definition of
System_start_delimiter::staff_brace (in file
system-start-delimiter.cc) and the definition of the markup command
left-brace (in file define-markup-commands.scm), to see if I could
"translate" system brackets from System_start_delimiter::staff_bracket
to a Scheme markup command in a similar way.
I'm not "fluent" in Scheme and I am a beginner with LilyPond
internals, so this is still too difficult for me, but in the next days
(when I have some time) I'll try to understand the code of those
commands.

Is this the correct way to do such a thing? Or should I look into
something else?
How would you approach the problem?
I would really appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

Anyway, many thanks for your workaround!
Best wishes,
Davide