Re: Pseudo-handwritten font

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Pseudo-handwritten font
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:42:19 +0100

Am 15.03.2013 16:38, schrieb Tim McNamara:
On Mar 15, 2013, at 4:52 AM, Robert Schmaus <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Torsten,

first of all: This looks just amazing! Thanks for sharing it!
Even though I like LilyPond's original typesetting a lot, I noticed that
sheets get more difficult to read in certain lighting conditions (I
assume you are a jazz musician as well and know what I mean ...).
Especially for those, who have to play actual notes (in contrast to guys
like me who mainly need the chords). This somewhat more "massive" look
of the written music should be easier to read in murky stage light.

The same, of course applies to ChordNames - right now, I combine your
work with a jazzy font found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/jpgzic/
You probably know that one ...
Thank you for that!  It helped me be able to render the chord names in the
LilyJAZZText font; I had not been able to figure out how to do that.

My next question is how to apply the font to the header block.  I also use
\markup, \fill-line and \column above the music to list solo orders and any
other notes for the arrangement.  I don't know how to apply the font to that,
either.  It would be nice to be able to do so just for the sake of visual
consistency.

Is there a simple way to apply the text font to all text on the page?
I'd be interested in this too (it's a desidratum beyond the Jazz fonts).
AFAIK the only way (except creating a pango-font-ree) is to redefine booktitlemarkup and/or scoretitlemarkup from scratch to be able to access the font settings for these items (as \markups)

Best
Urs