Re: Changing accidental style for one section of a piece

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Changing accidental style for one section of a piece
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:17:20 +0100

Am 15.03.2013 15:07, schrieb James Harkins:

Hi,

I'm working on a piece now where most of it is modal, but one section will be free-chromatic. I would like to use one of the more modern accidental styles, but only in that section.

I read the section of the manual about automatic accidentals, and it appears at first glance that the accidental style should be set per staff (possibly evaluating globally for the staff, possibly per voice). It wasn't clear if the style could change in the middle of a piece. So, I'm asking: is that possible? Or is it expected that the same accidental style should apply throughout a staff's duration?

Thanks,
hjh

Of course you can do that anywhere and multiple times in a piece (as others have pointed out).
I think you'll have to do it in each staff individually, though (other than, say a \time change or other commands that are at score level.

HTH
Urs