changing the default midi instrument "permanently"

From: Eluze
Subject: changing the default midi instrument "permanently"
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:03:43 -0700 (PDT)

as I'm only writing guitar scores I'd like the midi instrument to always
default to midiInstrument="acoustic guitar (nylon)"

is there a way to do this?

I know I can write

\score {
  \new GrandStaff \with{ midiInstrument="acoustic guitar (nylon)"}
  <<
    \new Staff { c''1 }
    \new Staff { c' }

}

and both instruments will be the acoustic guitar in the midi file.

if I write

  \layout {
    \context {
      \GrandStaff
      midiInstrument="acoustic guitar (nylon)"
  \midi { }

it has no effect - why?

is there a way to redefine/sort the instrument-names-alist as defined in
...\LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\scm\midi.scm for this purpose?

thanks for any hints!
Eluze