Re: changing the default midi instrument "permanently"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: changing the default midi instrument "permanently"
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 12:56:25 +0100

Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote
>> Eluze &lt;
>
>> eluzew@
>
>> &gt; writes:
>>>
>>> it has no effect - why?
>>
>> Try placing that context definition in the \midi block rather than the
>> \layout block.
>
> thanks, that works (and I could have found myself, but maybe I was
> confused by the fact that it works in the \with block...)!

A context modification in the music is applied to all outputs.

> why can't midi items be read from the \layout block?

Why would they?  The \layout block defines the output settings for the
graphical output, the \midi block for the sound output.

At some point of time, we might even have an \xml block (or similar)
containing the settings for MusicXML output.

--
David Kastrup