Re: problem with slur

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: problem with slur
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:11:20 +0100

Hi Fabio,

here is a code that nearly reproduces your measures (without slurs/ties
on first and last notes). I hope you can read from this example what you
asked for. You can remove the comments (from % to the line end).

For others reading this, some more detailed questions:
 1) Why is there a "Solo" even if both voices have notes there
    (in case I do not hide the PartCombineTexts)?
 2) The 16th-rest in measure 2 is too close to the previous note to my
    eyes.
 3) The ties connecting measure 2 and 3 are looking like slurs
    (shouldn't it be placed between the notes?)

Cheers,
Joram

\version "2.16.0"

\new Staff \partcombine
  \relative c'' {
    % why is there a "Solo" without the next line?
    \set Staff.printPartCombineTexts = ##f
    \time 6/8
    a16 r g4( f) g8( |
    % why is the first rest so close to prev. note?
    % why is the final tie looking like a slur?
    e16) r r8 r g4. ~ |
    g16 r f4( e) f8 |
  }
  \relative c' {
    b16 r b4(\p c16) r a4( |
    g16) r r8 r a4.-> ~ |  % accent position improved in 2.17
    a16 r a4\p( bes16) r16 g4 |