Re: svg output

From: Bric
Subject: Re: svg output
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:44:15 -0400 (EDT)

> On December 16, 2012 at 4:52 PM Gerard McConnell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  Apparently Microsoft has created the problem:
>
>  «Known issues with this security update
>
>      We are aware of issues related to OpenType Font (OTF) rendering in
> applications such as PowerPoint on affected versions of Windows that occur
> after this security update is applied. We are currently investigating these
> issues and will take appropriate action to address the known issues. »
>
>  I'll have a look at the manual and see if I can find out how to use an
> alternative font in Lilypond for now.
>  Thanks again for the help,
>  Gerard

Hi, guys:

I don't think I have the font problem (I'm on Ubuntu, and I viewed the attached
svg files in Inkscape with no apparent problems); however, I can't even get past
step 1 — saving as "svg". I end up with a "ps" file, not svg. I do the
following:

lilypond -o outfile.svg -fsvg infile.ly

and that prints:

Processing `infile.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...[8]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `outfile.svg.ps'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

And the only thing produced is  "outfile.svg.ps", and it IS a post-script file,
not an svg.

What am I doing wrong?