Re: Slurs and Ties

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Slurs and Ties
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:06:11 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2.) For notes outside the staff (on ledger lines, like c’) there is in
> my opinion no reason to place ties below the note heads. I would prefer
> to have them placed like for the d or b example, because currently ties
> are almost undistinguishable (when not printed in direct comparison) for
> those notes. Or is that done on purpose?

You are absolutely right, this is just LilyPond's sloppiness.  In
general, tie formatting is ugly in many cases, and i'm thinking about
a complete redesign of tie formatting since summer 2011 (yep, 1.5
years now).  I have many examples and half the design written, but
little time to finish it :/

cheers,
Janek