Re: Custom footers

From: Jérôme Plût
Subject: Re: Custom footers
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:40:10 +0100

Postridie Idus Martias MMXIII scripsit Thomas Morley :
> Where do you store the values you want have printed?
> How is the structure of your file(s).
> Which is your version?
> etc
>
> Please post a compilable example.

I have access to lilypond 2.12.3 (Debian stable).

I of course already looked in the documentation page
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Custom-titles
and this was why I referred to the extremely poor (and ugly) language of
\on-the-fly and \fromproperty.

Where do I store the values: that is actually part of the question.
And I'm also not able to post a compilable example since that would
mean that the problem would be solved...

Basically, I would like something like the output of the following
code, except that the evenFooterMarkup should not be typed by hand.

% code follows
theme = \relative c'' { c4 d e }
bass = \relative c { c4 d e }

\pageBreak \markup { "Title" }
\new Staff { \set Staff.instrumentName = "Theme" \theme }
\paper { evenFooterMarkup = \markup { "Title - 1 - Theme (1/1)" } }

\pageBreak \markup { "Title" }
\new Staff { \set Staff.instrumentName = "Bass" \bass }
\paper { evenFooterMarkup = \markup { "Title - 2 - Bass (1/1)" } }