Re: Stemless notes - entire score?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Stemless notes - entire score?
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:59:36 +0100

Robert Schmaus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Ben,
>
> just add
>
>      \context {
>       \Staff
>       \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
>       \override Flag #'transparent = ##t
>     }
>
> to the layout block. If there's anything else you'd like to hide, just
> set the respective property transparent as well ...

This will still reserve space for them.  I'd rather use

\context {
  \Staff
  \omit Stem
  \omit Flag
}

Note that \omit is only defined after 2.17.5 or so, with earlier
versions you'll need

\context {
  \Staff
  \override Stem #'stencil = ##f

If it cranks out programming errors (I seem to remember that this
was a problem at some point of time), you can use

  \override Stem #'stencil = \point-stencil

instead.

--
David Kastrup