Re: R shorthand

From: Joram Berger
Subject: Re: R shorthand
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:52:46 +0100

Even while I am a bit sceptical whether the syntax for R should differ
from r, I see your point.

Rather than R14 for a 14 measure rest, I would suggest to keep the
syntax close to the one before: R*14 (This way I would almost be
convinced ;) )

Could the duration be optional this way, keeping the current behaviour
if given? I mean could this change request be implemented without
affecting the recommended way at present? Probably not, because of
ambiguities, and because the following notes would take the same duration.

Cheers,
Joram