Re: User comments on R shorthand

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: User comments on R shorthand
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:18:12 -0400

Hi David,

> See page 3, at the bottom, for two, three, and
> four measure rests. (I'm obliged to cite and give
> credit for the scans.} How can these be implemented
> without R2, R3, and R4?

Assuming that staff is in 4/4 time (there is no time signature currently), then
R1*2, R1*3, and R1*4 should work perfectly — do they not work for you?

> There should be no problem detecting the measure lengths.

That does seem intuitively true…
However, David K. (who knows way more about this than any of us) says it's
false — I trust his judgement/opinion, until seeing concrete evidence to the
contrary.

Thanks,
Kieren.