Re: how offsets and alignment works: an explanation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: how offsets and alignment works: an explanation
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:46:08 -0000

Thomas Morley wrote Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:02 AM

> There are some opinions not to add it to the LM or the NR and I fully
> agree with them.
> But I strongly object to put it in the CG for one reason: The CG is
> _never_ translated!

This is a valid point.

> The Extending Manual seems to be appropiate (or the CG should be
> translated as well).

It might be best to consider placing all detailed technical explanations
of how Lily works in Extending, perhaps moving some material there
from the CG, leaving only material in the CG of relevance to actually
hacking code in the codebase.  But that's a major undertaking.

In the meantime dumping it in the CG is the easier option and avoids
it getting lost.

Trevor