Re: Another happy lilypond user

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Another happy lilypond user
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:18:35 +0100

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Alberto Simões
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>

> On 24/03/13 14:55, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> Well, I am somewhat unhappy with that focus on the pricing of Finale as
>> my own work is being funded by LilyPond users who are typically paying
>> somewhat more to substantially more than the "Finale tax" would entail.
>>
>> For them, the important difference obviously is not that Finale costs
>> money to use.  On the one hand, they get quite more in return for their
>> payment than the right to run a single copy.  On the other hand,
>> everybody else gets the same, without paying.
>
> Given I use lilypond a lot for my own websites (that are also free work, but
> whatever) I went to lilypond website to check if there was an easy way to
> donate, but it only contains information about "exchanging money with
> features". Shouldn't a simplified "donate" button be placed somewhere in the
> website?

When developers discussed this issue lat time, i remember that we had
trouble deciding what such button should exactly do.  However, at the
bottom of http://www.lilypond.org/sponsoring.html David Kastrup is
mentioned; i think that currently the best way to help LilyPond
financially is to sponsor David, who's the only one working full-time
on Lily.

best
Janek