Re: Suggestions for participating institutions?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Suggestions for participating institutions?
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:13:06 +0100

Am 26.03.2013 10:16, schrieb Urs Liska:
I have to admit that I don't fully understand the implications of that exposé yet, but it might be interesting to think about "Complete Editions". I know that it is a current discussion to enhance the idea of editions by digital media. For example the Reger Edition has started to provide DVDs along with the printed score in which one can directly compare several sources and states of development of the work.
And I think this is a general tendency.
From my - biased - POV LilyPond would be a good choice for Complete Editions in order to develop a) collaborative work-flows and b) technical means of providing different target formats If that's a possible way to go the most interesting institution would be the Akademie der Wissenschaften in Mainz, which is the head organisation for a _lot_ of Complete Editions.

I have some good contacts in that direction and can ask a few people about their opinion. End of April I will give a presentation in my university (which at least on of these contacts will attend) about LilyPond, LaTeX and Git (i.e. text-based work-flows) and could (although I didn't intend to open the already wide topic even more) include the perspective of scholarly editions and discuss it there (to get some qualified feedback from people who are not already 'in the LilyPond track').

Best
Urs
PS: AFAIK The Webern Complete Edition is still in its 'set up' phase, i.e. before actually producing their first volume. Might be a chance to hook in ...