Re: Suggestions for participating institutions?

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: Suggestions for participating institutions?
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:31:14 +0100 (CET)

Trevor Daniels:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:52 AM
> > On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> I met a former colleague in the bus to Chemnitz, and he is at least
> >> knowledgeable about EU research programmes.  Do people here have ideas
> >> about possible institutions who could be made to participate?  I think
> >
> > Take in mind that EU research programmes come with an incredible
> > amount of burocracy and require both academic and industry partners,
> > the more the merrier. The projects that get funded are buzzword
> > compliant, but often nobody knows what they set out to do, except
> > divert EU money into the partnering institutions. Have a look at
>
> Indeed.  When I was involved in bidding for EU research funding in
> what now seems to be a previous life the process involved many meetings
> with potential and later actual partners, who have to come from, I believe
> at least 3 separate countries, plus presentations in Brussels, all involving
> lots of international travel.  And at the end of that expense of time, effort
> and money we were unsuccessful.  This is not like bidding for an Arts
> grant.

I think we can meet the 3 seperate countries requirement.
I would like to try to set up something here with possible the
University in Uppsala and/or the Church.

I don't know if I qualify as an "industry" (note. eu defines an
industry as something that manuf. phycical goods, no I don't have the
ref. handy) partner, tought I have a company that have been involved
in typesetting for pay.
 And I don't know if I can get any interest from the Univ. (they used
Sibelius a few years ago) or the Church.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148