Re: Repeated accidental after tie across line break

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Repeated accidental after tie across line break
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:28:06 -0400

Hi Shane,

> One should never read backwards your mind and fingers
> have already passed through that and must know where they are destined
> to go next. If you cannot remember what a chord is from one staff to
> the next you are simply not concentrating.

You're missing the point: As a conductor, when I say, "Let's take it from
measure 14", if that's at the beginning of a system for some player, I don't
want that player to be forced to take the time to scan across pages and up/down
systems to figure out what chords/notes they should be playing. That's very
different from "forgetting what a chord is from one staff to the next" or "not
concentrating".

The good news is, Lilypond almost certainly will allow both of us to output
exactly what we want/need.

Regards,
Kieren.