Re: extending event-listener.ly

From: Phil Hézaine
Subject: Re: extending event-listener.ly
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:35:44 +0100

Le 27/03/2013 00:04, Graham Percival a écrit :
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 08:12:42PM +0100, Phil Hézaine wrote:
for NoteEvent:

#(define (format-note engraver event)
    (let* ((origin (ly:input-file-line-char-column
                    (ly:event-property event 'origin))))
      (print-line engraver
                  "note"
                  ;; get a MIDI pitch value.
                  ;(+ 60 (ly:pitch-semitones
                         (ly:event-property event 'drum-type) ;))

It would be nice if this was abstracted into a separate function:
   (get-pitch-or-drum
which would pick which type of output to produce.  Then I think we
could accept a patch to this effect without much fuss.

                  ;; point and click info
                  ;(ly:format "point-and-click ~a ~a"
                  ;           (caddr origin)
                  ;           (cadr origin))

I'm quite curious about this -- do drum events not have
point-and-click info?

- Graham

Hi,
Because it's MY OWN & PERSONAL & SELFISH LISTENER! :-) :-) :-)
Seriously, I join a modified event-listener.
I have pointed out the additions.
However no success about MIDI pitch values.
It will be awesome to have that.
Cheers.

@ Luis
i must be missing something, though, because i get output only if use
\drummode inside a regular Staff or a RhythmicStaff, but no output when
using a DrumStaff. any ideas why? the output of \displayMusic is the same
in all cases.

In MY OWN & PERSONAL...etc... I have added a context for a DrumVoice which was absent.
That's the tip.
I join zzzz-display.ly. I hope it helps you to play with the event-listener.
Phil.

i'm also getting a series of warnings (4) of the form:

Unsupported SCM value for format: ()

perhaps i misunderstood how to insert your code in the event-listener.ly
file?

Cheers.