Re: DiceWaltz-1.2

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: DiceWaltz-1.2
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 23:54:23 +0100

Marvellous. Nice for parties, can make a quiz out of this!

Regards,
Wim.

On 27 Mar 2013, at 09:36 , Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

Hi,

I have updated/re-written my Python implementation of Mozart's Musical Dice Game

http://imslp.org/wiki/Musikalisches_W%C3%BCrfelspiel,_K.516f_%28Mozart,_Wolfgang_Amadeus%29

Several people before me have made computer versions of this game. My version has some interesting features not offered by others:

- commandline interface
- compatible with Python >2.6 and 3.x
- cross platform - can export to MUP, ABC, and LilyPond format. (Which is why I am
 cross-posting this message. Is that OK?)
 Other formats are on my TODO list: MusicXML for example would be nice.
- can simulate two 6-sided dice or give each number from 2 to 12 an equal
 chance. Reading values from stdin is also possible.
- use an image of Mozart's handwritten signature to sign the score.
- you can select different paper sizes and portrait/landscape orientation.
- trills are executed - you can select a different MIDI instrument for the treble and the bass part by number (0-127) or by name.

Have some fun and give it a try. You can download it here:

http://tmp.martintarenskeen.nl

Comments are welcome. It could be interesting to compare the quality/style of the output from the three different backends.

--

MT