Re: extending event-listener.ly

From: luis jure
Subject: Re: extending event-listener.ly
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 19:36:04 -0300

on 2013-03-28 at 20:09 Phil Hézaine wrote:

> And what about the conversion of drum notes to midi pitches?

mmm... i wonder if that's strictly necessary? once you get the correct
text output, as you do now, it's trivial to convert the drum notes names to
pitches with whatever program you're using to process it.

on the other hand...

> I want to say: are there some improvements needed?

well, this is not related to your patch, but since you're at it... ;-)

i realized that the format-text function can only process simple text
scripts, but returns an error message when using a markup.

c^"accel." is OK, but:

c^\markup{ accel. } or c^\markup{ \italic { accel. }}

return errors:

Unsupported SCM value for format: (#<procedure line-markup (layout props
args)> (accel.))

Unsupported SCM value for format: (#<procedure line-markup (layout props
args)> ((#<procedure italic-markup (layout props arg)> accel.)))

in both cases the .notes file has an empty text line where the markups
were used.

looking at the code i see that the format-text function is very basic, i
guess it wouldn't be trivial to adapt it to handle markups?

best,

lj