Re: Problem with lilypond-mode in emacs

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Problem with lilypond-mode in emacs
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:28:36 -0700

Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings -
>
> I'm running LilyPond 2.16.2 under Windows 7, SP1.
>
> I've copied the *.el files from lilypond\..\site-lisp to
> \emacs\emacs-24.3\site-lisp
> and I've set the PATH and HOME variables so that I think emacs is finding
> lilypond-mode.el, but when I open emacs and type <M-x lilypond-mode>, I get
> [no match]. When I drag-and-drop an .ly file onto the open emacs buffer, I
> get <Symbol's function definition is void: lilypond-mode>.

In your emacs init file (mine on Linux is called .emacs, yours may have
a different name - the main startup file for Emacs, in any case), I
believe you need to have something like the following (replacing what's
between the quote marks with the correct information of course):

(add-to-list 'load-path "Directory where the *.el files are")

That line tells Emacs where to search, to find the Lilypond information
it needs.

Maybe you have this already - if you do, make sure it's still correct
(you said you had moved the *.el files, so you'd have to change this
line to match the new location).

--
David R