Re: Extraneous accidental after barline in cadenza

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Extraneous accidental after barline in cadenza
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:18:44 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Harkins" <address@hidden>
To: "lily-users" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 11:00 AM

I would like the E-natural to print here without the accidental.

\version "2.16.1"
\include "english.ly"

\relative c' {
 \key g \major

 ef1
 e1  % no explicit natural sign here

 \cadenzaOn

 ef1
 \bar "|"
 \bar "|"
 e1  % but there is one here - I want to get rid of it
}

In this minimal example, it could be argued that the visible
cancellation makes sense. In my actual score, it doesn't: the E-flat
is early in the system, and the E-nat. is quite a bit later, with many
notes and three barlines intervening (see attached screenshot). The
cancellation is superfluous there, but I can't get rid of it (not even
with "\set Staff.extraNatural = ##f").

Thanks,
hjh

There was lots of discussion about this earlier:

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/unexpected-accidental-following-cadenza-td62209.html

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/cadenzaOff-and-accidentals-td9420.html

I'm not sure of the cure - perhaps temporarily removing the accidental engraver or somesuch?

--
Phil Holmes