Re: Extraneous accidental after barline in cadenza

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Extraneous accidental after barline in cadenza
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:54:43 +0800

On Mar 29, 2013 7:19 PM, "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> In this minimal example, it could be argued that the visible
>> cancellation makes sense. In my actual score, it doesn't: the E-flat
>> is early in the system, and the E-nat. is quite a bit later, with many
>> notes and three barlines intervening (see attached screenshot). The
>> cancellation is superfluous there, but I can't get rid of it (not even
>> with "\set Staff.extraNatural = ##f").
>>
> There was lots of discussion about this earlier:
>
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/unexpected-accidental-following-cadenza-td62209.html
>
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/cadenzaOff-and-accidentals-td9420.html
>
> I'm not sure of the cure - perhaps temporarily removing the accidental engraver or somesuch?

Ok, my manually painted \bar lines have no effect on accidentals (either by design, or as a side effect of a design that has other good reasons to be as it is).

I've just looked through the manual a bit, and it leads me to doubt whether it's possible to remove an engraver for a single note. I see that it's possible to do for a single context, e.g. Staff, but I do want accidentals elsewhere in the bassoon part.

It's not a big deal, just a little detail that surprised me.

hjh