Removing lines of rest with two voices and bar count numbers

From: ryanmichaelmcclure
Subject: Removing lines of rest with two voices and bar count numbers
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:54:41 -0700 (PDT)

I am working on the bassoon part for Holst's First Suite, and I want to try
something that looks essentially like this:

http://pastebin.com/71RJe0YB

Except I want the last measure in the 2nd part to be hidden (There is music
later in that part but I want the rests to be gone.)

I do not know how to remove this rest in the 2nd part. In the real part, it
is about 100 measures of rest.

http://pastebin.com/yGHkgDWE

Here is how I want it to look, but with the measure count numbers above.

-----
Ryan McClure

Luna Music Engraving