Re: Tempo marking pushes rehearsal mark far above the staff

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Tempo marking pushes rehearsal mark far above the staff
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 18:02:48 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:

>> both MetronomeMark and RehearsalMark need to have space reserved.
>
> If any two grobs "have space reserved", will collision
> avoidence always be accomplished horizontally?
> There are many times I don't like the fact that Lilypond's
> default is to push grobs along a vertical axis…

+1
If anyone's interested in additional examples, you can find some here:
http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-25#the_game_of_the_month
(look for light violet marks - some of them are about shortening
stems/etc. to fit music closer, but some are about moving objects
horizontally).
I can probably poduce more examples if you need.

cheers,
Janek