Re: Refer to a staff relatively, not by name

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Refer to a staff relatively, not by name
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 11:52:33 +0200

Thanks for the idea, but I'm looking for a generic solution tha doesn't rely on given staff names.

Best
Urs

Vaughan McAlley <address@hidden> schrieb:
On 31 March 2013 22:36, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Is it possible to refer to a staff relative to the current staff and not by its name?

So, is it possible to write something like

\change Staff = "previous/next or "higher/lower"

instead of

\change Staff = "Explicit-name-of-staff"

inside a PianoStaff?

I'd be interested in creating a generic command like \staffUp or \staffDown.

Best
Urs

I have a piece for four keyboards where a motif that changes staff
note-by-note makes its way through all of the keyboards. Something
like this would be useful...

If there are normally a limited number of keyboards in any one piece,
maybe the following pseudo-code might work:

function ChangeStaff()
current = GetCurrentStaff()
if current == "PianoOneRH" then
newStaff = "PianoOneLH"
elseif current == "PianoOneLH" then
newStaff = "PianoOneRH"
elseif current == "PianoTwoRH" then
newStaff = "PianoTwoLH"
elseif current == "PianoTwoLH" then
newStaff = "PianoTwoRH"
end
SetCurrentStaff(newStaff)
end

It would depend on the name of the current staff being available to
Scheme, which I don’t imagine would be a problem.

Vaughan

lilypond-user mailing list