Re: \relative { } in 2.17.15

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: \relative { } in 2.17.15
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 02:46:58 +0200

Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I thought I had followed the discussion about \relative without startpitch.
>
> I liked the idea and started using it.

Uh, you started using it?  The previous behavior of \relative { ... }
was to be equivalent to \relative c' { ... }, so you have been using
something else.

> In 2.17.15 this feature no longer seems to work.  I get an error.

After using convert-ly, your \relative { ... } would have gotten changed
to \relative c' { ... } which corresponds to the previous meaning.

> What did I miss?

Issue 3245 is still pending.  It will likely appear in 2.17.16.  Once it
does, using \relative { ... } will exhibit the new meaning.

In the mean time, you can use \relative f { ... } to emulate the
behavior of "no starting pitch".  Its sole disadvantage is one of
aesthetics: the "f" looks uncalled for but does the trick, being in the
middle of the "unshifted" octave.

--
David Kastrup