Re: \relative { } in 2.17.15

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: \relative { } in 2.17.15
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 02:52:18 +0200

Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> Paul Scott-4 wrote
>> So you believe the old ("startpitch" optional) behavior will be restored
>> after
>> the testing?
>
> no idea - I've got used to the optional start pitch myself (i.e. I
> nearly never used a pitch with my laziness); I wouldn't mind if it
> came back (also in the form of f' being the default, as discussed
> other-where)

It would default to f rather than f'.  convert-ly would change your old
sources to use \relative c' explicitly.  Issue 3229 (not going to pass
anytime soon I guess) has a rather more tricky convert-ly rule which
changes almost everything to the new \relative { ... } form.  I'll try
to give a way to use optional convert-ly rules (so that users may call
this converter on their own if they want to), but that is likely going
to take weeks.

--
David Kastrup