Re: Multi column page setup

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Multi column page setup
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 07:06:00 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/4/5 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>>> \markup \score { ... }  now _can_ handle pageBreak, though, if you try
>>> (with appropriate settings of line-width)
>>> \markup \line { \score { ... } \score { ... }  }
>>> it fails again.
>>> Found no way around.
>>
>> \score must be used in a place where _only_ markup lists are allowed to
>> be a markup list rather than a single markup.  So something like
>> \column-lines \score
>
> Couldn't figure it out.
> \markuplist \column-lines { \score { ... } \score { ... } } places the
> two scores vertically on top of each other not horizontal side by
> side.

That's not a place where only markup lists are allowed.  Yes, the
interface is too tricky for its own good.  At any rate, I guess I don't
understand what exactly you are trying to do.  Could you try prepping
the example up with a bit of score and a description of the desired
effect?

> Btw, there's no example for \column-lines in the docs.

Spaces stuff like \column but leaves it as a markup list rather than a
single markup/stencil.  You can also use \override-lines with an
arbitrary argument.  Maybe we should have \concat-lines defined as just
#(define-markup-list-command (concat-lines layout props markups)
   (markup-list?) markups)
for that purpose ("space like concat but leave as markup list").  Or
just \lines after all.

Yes, the interface is less than fabulous.  I was trying to avoid a
separate word \score-lines, where usage
\score-lines \score { ... }
would be the same as \lines \score anyway, and where
\score-lines { ... }
would require a score to be at a place not even started with \score and
require a reserved word.

--
David Kastrup