RE: My return to Lilypond

From: Eduardo Silva
Subject: RE: My return to Lilypond
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:37:15 +0000

From: Janek Warchoł
Sent: ‎April‎ ‎4‎, ‎2013 ‎11‎:‎55‎ ‎AM
To: Eduardo Silva

Hi,

i was absent when you wrote this email, and i've read it just now.
How did you fare?
Unfortunately i cannot do much to promote your work, because in Poland
we rarely sing non-polish carols and hymns.

best,
Janek

===
Thanks, Janek, for your attention and interest. Overall, with the ones I could communicate, I got a very encouraging feedback on the idea of making music scores adapted to tablets. As far as sales went, I got the most from Amazon, but less than 20 units. I had very little time to market it properly, though.
I was hoping in January I would start working on some more songbook ideas, but other more pressing duties came along, and I have done very little on that. Yet I still see the potential of this project being much successful than it has been so far, even though I will just explore Christian music, and probably secular children’s/educational songs.
I also need to improve my workflow in generating epub/mobi files. Amazon won’t accept PDF submissions, as far as I know, and a direct conversion of PDF to mobi doesn’t work for scores at all. What I did was convert each page to an image and insert them in the mobi file. It worked fine. Compiling all the pdfs and assembling into a booklet was somewhat tedious/time consuming. I still need to learn to use lilypond-book to see if it would help my workflow, but the part of learning Latex just makes me think: “oh, no, one more challenge to my learning path...”

Regards,

Eduardo