define \header

From: address@hidden
Subject: define \header
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 15:02:22 +0000 (GMT)

I think I've probably answered my own question already.

I want to define a header block and then use the definition later.

What I'm trying to do and why:

I'm putting together a book of chorales for trombone quartet.  I have the music
for each part defined.  Then I create \score blocks containing the
'\definitions'.  With a whole book of these the \book{} block was getting a bit
blinding to read.  I figured out how to define my \score blocks and then use my
'\scoreDefinitions' to greatly reduce the complex look of the \book{} file.

The \header, however, seems to require being in the final \book{} block.  That
is, I can't do:

headerOne = {
     title = "Title"
     composer = "Composer"
     }

...and then use:

\headerOne

...inside a \score block.  I'm using; print-all-headers = ##t, so I can print
all the title/subtitle info for each chorale.

Depending on how I try, LilyPond throws errors like "unexpected \header" or
something about a problem with a music definition.  This has led me to conclude
that pre-defining things works with musical information, but not otherwise.
Headers are not musical information.

Is there a way to do this, or am I stuck with putting the header blocks in the
\book{} block?

-David