Music paper sizes

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Music paper sizes
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 18:35:44 +1000

Greetings List,

I measure my Henle Verlag books of Bach to be 235 x 309mm (+/- 1mm) [9.25 x 12.17 inches]. I rather like this size, but I cannot find it referred to as a standard paper size anywhere at all. Do my learned colleagues here know what size it is, or is it a trim down of a larger standard? Any help appreciated. It's almost 3:4 proportions but not quite, and the Henle books do appear to be exactly trimmed and all the same size.

I personally find this size to be the ideal for music, A4 too small for me, and A3 generally too big to sit nicely on the music desk.

Andrew