Re: xpdf broken on ubuntu

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: xpdf broken on ubuntu
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 10:10:06 -0400

I have used Okular for quite some time, at least 2 years now, as the necessary point click plugin for Frescobaldi with Lilypond. It works fine on Ubuntu 12.10 and has since the last long term version.

regards,
Shane

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 4:49 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Orm Finnendahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Sonntag, den 07. April 2013 um 09:43:30 Uhr (+0200) schrieb David
> Kastrup:
>>
>> I think I also saw some recipe for getting evince to work with
>> point&click when doing a web search, but it involved meddling with the
>> gconf configuration of either evince or GNOME's URI handlers.
>
> That could be a way to go. My mail primarily intended to discuss
> alternatives before the xpdf route is completely dead. Can you send
> those links? Maybe I can help getting that to work and provide some
> documentation.

Just search on Google for

    evince textedit

and dig through the results.  I think there are _some_ useful results,
pretty much all of them in the context of LilyPond, some on our mailing
lists, some on that of Evince itself.

--
David Kastrup