Re: Rests in TabVoice

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: Rests in TabVoice
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 15:48:46 +0200

2013/4/9 David Kastrup <address@hidden>

> Peter Crighton <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > would it be possible to attach rests in a TabVoice to a different
> > line? At least whole and half rests look terribly vertically
> > off-centered, especially in four-line staffs, and they would benefit
> > from being attached one line lower.
> > Other rests might appear too low then, but I would like to know if I
> > at least can try this out to see what’s best.
>
> Version?  Example file exhibiting the problem?

I’m sorry, I forgot:

\version "2.16.2"

<<
  \new TabStaff <<
    \new TabVoice {
      \tabFullNotation
      R1 r2 r4 r8 r16 r
    }

  \new TabStaff \with {
    stringTunings = #bass-tuning
  } <<
    \new TabVoice {
      \tabFullNotation
      R1 r2 r4 r8 r16 r
    }

Probably the ideal solution would be to have whole and half rests one
line lower and all other rests centered between the two lines in the
middle.

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de