Re: Cropped output (à la -dpreview) p ossible in Finale and Sibelius

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Cropped output (à la -dpreview) p ossible in Finale and Sibelius
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 18:32:35 +0200

On 04/09/2013 06:26 PM, Urs Liska wrote:
> When I used Finale one had to draw a rectangle with the mouse that then was
> exported.
> Needless to say that this is a poor way to consistently line up music
> fragments
> in a text document.

I doubt this is the way a hardcore professional engraving person would do it
though -- most likely they'd output the entire page to PostScript and then do
the crop in a graphics program, which would allow precision of cropping every
time.

I haven't used Finale or Sibelius in quite a while either, but the other
possibility might be to do the export via their scripting interfaces.