Re: Cropped output (à la -dpreview) possible in Fina le and Sibelius

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Cropped output (à la -dpreview) possible in Fina le and Sibelius
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 21:50:59 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:05 PM

Am 09.04.2013 18:26, schrieb Urs Liska:
I never used Sibelius, and the last version of Finale I actually worked with was 2001. Therefore I'd like to ask here before writing something inappropriately negative about them ;-)

Is it possible to output cropped output in .png or .pdf format from them, just like -dpreview or lilypond-book do with LilyPond?

When I used Finale one had to draw a rectangle with the mouse that then was exported. Needless to say that this is a poor way to consistently line up music fragments in a text document.

TIA
Urs

Well, I just realized that my initial question isn't fully answered.
OK, I see that Sibelius supports cropped export (and it seems reasonable to assume Finale does too).
But do they also support cropped export to eps or pdf?
I'd rather expect them to, but I'd prefer to know for sure.

Best
Urs

Here's the output from Sib 7 at pdf and eps.

--
Phil Holmes