Re: Cropped output (à la -dpreview) possiblein Fina le and Sibelius

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Cropped output (à la -dpreview) possiblein Fina le and Sibelius
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:11:52 +0200

2013/4/10 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
> It must have been downsampled at some stage. I see stairs at 100% (1:1
> to screen)

Hm, probably I should see stairs in either case because pixels of my
screen are bigger than cone cells of my retina, so to speak, but now I
think I see them because the image is pure b/w, i.e. not antialiased.

For inserting lilypond images in slides and the such, I find it enough
to render at 300 or 600 dpi, or around 1000px tall, antialiased, so
that the PDF viewer downsamples it for the output device, and I must
say I am very satisfied.

I used to recommend to always "render at your printer resolution,
insert at 100% size", now I'm not so sure.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com