RE: musicxml2ly enhancements

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: RE: musicxml2ly enhancements
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:38:12 +0200 (CEST)

   %{ 5 %} a,4 ( a4 ) ( b4 ) d4 |

instead.
I like that. It's tedious to type manually, but a computer program doesn't know that word :-)
Indeed, but i find it unreadable, especially if it was placed at every line.

In general I think tools like musicxml2ly and other programs that convert to or export .ly files (xxx2ly, mscore, denemo, rosegarden) should do their best to make the lilypond output look like it was handwritten by a "real" human lilypond user and likewise should be easily readable and editable by a real human. With proper formatting, indentation, and coding style.

I don't like the way it going for example in today's world of webdesign: There are advanced tools to create professional websites "without knowing anything about HTML and CSS". But if you want to edit the html code these tools produce by hand it can be a real nightmare.

Just like my lilypond scores I often still write (simple) html code using just Vim. Maybe I'm just getting old and old fashioned :-)

--

MT