Re: call for italian users: translation of "feathered beams" and other t

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: call for italian users: translation of "feathered beams" and other terms
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:53:30 +0100

Hi Federico and Davide,

In English we use the Italian work portamento when singers or players
want to scoop between notes.

Aren't "doit" and "fall" forms of portamento without a define
start/end note?

"Doit" (pron do-it) is a portamento up to the notated pitch, "Fall" is
a portamento down from the notated pitch (hence "falling" off the note.

HTH

Cheers,

Ian