Re: tie between voice & transpose a to g

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: tie between voice & transpose a to g
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 01:52:41 +0200

2013/4/11 MING TSANG <address@hidden>:
> (hope this time the email will not be rejected by lilypond-owner}
>
> Hi lily user:
>
> I have a hard time coding cross voice tie.  I end up of spliting the chord
> into two voices. Please refer to pdf and .ly files.
> 1. How can I code so that it will be the same as ~original.png

A workaround;

\version "2.16.2"

\relative c' {
        \key a\major
        \clef bass
        << {
                   \voiceTwo
                   \tieNeutral
                   < a fis' >1~
                   < a d fis>2
           }
           \\
           {
                   \voiceFour
                   \tieUp
                   \once \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #1.2
                   e'4 d2.~
                   \tweak NoteColumn #'ignore-collision ##t
                   \tweak #'X-extent #'(-0.1 . 0)
                   \tweak #'transparent ##t
                   \tweak Stem #'stencil ##f
                   d2
           }

        <b d>
}

Though, I really hope someone comes up with a better solution.

Cheers,
  Harm