Re: sustain pedals way below staff

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: sustain pedals way below staff
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 16:28:14 +0000 (UTC)

Derek <cushy <at> shmerek.com> writes:

> Nevermind i think I sorted it wiht \override VerticalAxisGroup etc etc

In case anybody else has the same problem,
His output looked like version 2.14, so let's guess this was the bug
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2102, fixed for 2.16,
and that the workaround for version 2.14 was
 \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #UP
in the Dynamics line that held his pedal markings.
(We can also put pedal markings in the left-had staff.)