Re: svg output

From: Bric
Subject: Re: svg output
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 01:25:42 -0400 (EDT)

> On March 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM Eluze <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> Bric wrote
> >
> > lilypond -o outfile.svg -fsvg infile.ly
>
> please note that lilypond adds the extension automatically so probably you
> want to write
>
> lilypond -o outfile -dbackend=svg infile.ly
>
> Eluze

How hard would it be to enhance the svg export with robust svg element id's that
retain (at least SOME of) the original lilypond's note characteristics ??

instead of assigning anonymous generic inkscape object names (e.g.,
id="rect7306" ), have id's such as:

<path style="..." d="..." id="note23_gis_head">
<path style="..." d="..." id="note23_gis_stem">
<path style="..." d="..." id="note23_gis_elem1">
<path style="..." d="..." id="note23_gis_elem2">
etc.

Maybe there's a category of elements that comprises both sounding notes and
rests?  I.e., "duration elements" ... in which case, perhaps, that should be
used instead of "note" above?

Also:

<path style="..." d="..." id="bar1">
<path style="..." d="..." id="bar2">
<path style="..." d="..." id="bar3">
etc...

I thought about the svg grouping option, but that would be a more radical
revision than creating "smart" id's like above. Such id's would IMPLY grouping,
semantically.  The parsers could sort out and group elements much more easily,
it seams, actually adding the svg grouping, post factum, if need be.