Re: Newbie problems

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Newbie problems
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:30:23 +0100

Phil,

The obvious thing would (IMHO) seem to be to add right-click menu items for .ly files. "Edit" goes to Lilypad (or Frescobaldi etc....), "Engrave" goes to Lilypond. All with suitable arguments in the command lines. Unfortunately, since MS withdrew support for this feature for normal users, I can't help in the registry manipulation details. No doubt they're somewhere hidden in the MS application developer kit documentation (which I don't have).

There's a possible conflict here in that 3rd party editors such as Frescobaldi manipulate the default program as I understand it. I have no idea what the implications are - sorry.

Now I've discovered Frescobaldi it may not be such an issue. But I'm still trying to get it to work (only tried for about a minute so far, though).

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com