Re: Barcheck problems in extremely simple file

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Barcheck problems in extremely simple file
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:54:31 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> You need to specify duration for the rest.  When there's no initial
> duration, LilyPond assumes a quarter, and that conflicts with the
> barcheck.

But I do think that the following behavior qualifies for an issue
report:

>> Interpreting music...
>> D:/Peter/Music/Lilypond/Warlock3.ly:9:6: warning: barcheck failed at: 1/4
>>     {
>>       R | D:/Peter/Music/Lilypond/Warlock3.ly:16:6: warning: barcheck failed
>> at: 1/4

That one's obviously spot-on and fine.

>>     {
>>       R |  Preprocessing graphical objects...
>> programming error: Multi_measure_rest::get_rods (): I am not spanned!
>> continuing, cross fingers
>> programming error: Object is not a markup.
>> continuing, cross fingers
>> programming error: Multi_measure_rest::get_rods (): I am not spanned!
>> continuing, cross fingers
>> programming error: Multi_measure_rest::get_rods (): I am not spanned!
>> continuing, cross fingers
>> programming error: Object is not a markup.
>> continuing, cross fingers
>> programming error: Multi_measure_rest::get_rods (): I am not spanned!
>> continuing, cross fingers

But those error messages are ludicrous and are not helpful for
pinpointing the problem.  This (likely common) error condition should be
caught and given a useful error message.

--
David Kastrup