sudo frescobaldi for music view

From: Jim Tisdall
Subject: sudo frescobaldi for music view
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 08:54:25 -0400

Hi everybody.

I finally got frescobaldi running on my mac pro os x 10.7.5,
by backing out of previous installs and using macports
instead -- and by lots of trial and error.  The "Music View"
pane now opens and works ... but only if I start up
frescobaldi with "sudo frescobaldi".   Otherwise, with
just "frescobaldi" and no sudo, the graphics
start up without the Music View pane, but no error messages.

(A previous post by
Paul Morris had recommended "sudo python setup.py install"
for poppler-qt and that did seem to work, but maybe is
a cause of this.)

Anyone seen this, and have an idea for what's wrong?
Nothing obvious that I've seen yet.  (I'm an old Bell Labs unix
hand and a programmer, but I have little python
or mac sysadmin experience.)

Peace,
Jim