Re: beatStructure for 4/4 doesn't help

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: beatStructure for 4/4 doesn't help
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:43:49 +0200 (CEST)

David Kastrup:
> address@hidden (Karl Hammar) writes:
>
> > For the questions I ask, see last in mail.
> >
> > I'm trying to set the automatic beams in \time 4/4 like
> > a8[ a] a[ a] ..., so I'm looking at the example in
> > Documentation/out-www/notation.pdf (it says for version 2.15.15 on
> > page 1),
>
> Why would you be using version 2.15.15?  Documentation/out-www sounds
> like a version you compiled yourself, and why compile yourself an
> outdated version?

$ lilypond --version |head -1
GNU LilyPond 2.17.10

I just haven't generated the docs for some time.

Trevor Daniels:
> If you use the manuals for more recent versions - 2.16 or 2.17 - instead
> of one that is well out of date, you'll find this section has been rewritten
> to avoid exactly these difficulties.

> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/beams#setting-automatic-beam-behavior

> Let us know if you still have difficulty understanding this.

Ok, skip my second question.

///

My remaining questions are:

1, If I set a beatStructure, why isn't the exceptions cleared?

2, How do I clear the default behaviour set in
   default-time-signature-settings?

///

The obvious answer to 1, is because it's not coded so, but would it
good if it were ?

For 2, I've tried with

\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    #(let default-time-signature-settings '())

define-public, define etc..

It would be nice if I could set my own defaults.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148