Re: Request for feedback on 'lobbying' paper

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Request for feedback on 'lobbying' paper
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 13:05:40 +0200

Colin Hall <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is a piece of opinion from me, so you know my position. Users of
> WYSIWYG engraving software accept the shortcomings because it is quick
> and effective. Users of text-based approaches accept the additional
> effort required because they are perfectionists.

Actually, I tend to use text-based approaches not really because I care
about the perfection of the result, but because it allows me to properly
separate input, tool and output.  Things like the accuracy of my mouse
positioning don't figure into the result.  Which make the result
actually worse than when working WYSIWYG.  But the responsibility for
that lies with the process, it is reproducible, and it will respond to
future improvements of the process.

Old scores of mine keep getting better without me having to invest any
work into any of them.  That's hard to beat if they are "good enough" to
start with.  And if you are lazy like me, you won't invest much work of
your own beyond "good enough" into any individual score.

--
David Kastrup