Re: Understanding spacing

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Understanding spacing
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 22:33:37 +0200

>> Why basic-distance and stretchability are not overwritten by the new
>> values?
>
> But they are.

Yes, concerning the effect. But the old values are still in the list.

>> Second question: Is there a function to change all 4 values without
>> typing the whole alist, only the values? …
>
> Write it using define-scheme-function.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure that I am not reinventing the wheel. I
feel now confident to write such a function (I think), but it takes me
quite a while. That's why I asked whether that has already been done.

>> Third question: Is there a way to change spacing relative to the current
>> settings?
>> Like system-system-spacing #'basic-distance += #5 % note the +=
>
> No.  You'd have to use Scheme.
Ok, the same applies here.

Thanks for the quick feedback!
Joram