How to get dynamics centred on a piano staff?

From: Peter Toye
Subject: How to get dynamics centred on a piano staff?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:54:17 +0100

<Newbie alert>

I'm trying to engrave some piano music where the dynamics don't belong to either of the staffs, but refer to both staffs. If I put them in on the RH staff, they're a bit high.

Also, I have to use the << || >> construction a lot because there's a mix of homophonic and polyphonic writing. I can't work out how to start (say) a crescendo in the middle of a polyphonic section and terminate it in a monophonic section, and vice-versa, as LP associates the cresc with the voice, and then complains that it's not terminated.

Is there an easy way to get round these issues?

Regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com