Re: \set TabStaff.minimumFret Fails

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: \set TabStaff.minimumFret Fails
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 01:33:13 +0200

2013/4/23 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:

> 2013/4/23 Tim McNamara <address@hidden>
>>
>> I almost never use open strings even with first position chords when
>> playing jazz.  There are a few Jim Hall-ish situations that are exceptions
>> to this.
>

> that's the point: open strings are the exception, so being enabled by
> default will sound weird to most of us
> we are not discussing about removing restrainOpenStrings, of course
> it's just about what should be the default for minimumFret

Being a classic guitarist, I don't care about todays tablatures at
all. Using them _is_ the exception.

Though, there are the historical ones, with lots of open strings ...
Setting restrainOpenStrings to this or that is a overrideable design decision.
I don't mind which decision is choosen, though, there's more to
consider than blues, rock and jazz.

-Harm